What is Media Relations?
Media relations is, quite simply, taking advantage of opportunities to get your story told in the newspapers, television, radio or social media in your community and around the globe.
- Do you struggle with getting media coverage for your business or event?
- Do you hesitate to call a reporter back for fear that they will misquote you?
- Are you afraid to personally speak to the media?
- Do you want more positive media coverage?
- Do you miss opportunities to tell your story because you don’t know who to call?
- Have you ever said, “If more people knew about our business then we could…?”
- In the event of a crisis…are you prepared for the media calls?
If any of the above statements sound familiar, then Joy Shikaze is the right media coach to help you increase or decrease your publicity. As the media relations expert many PR people hire to coach their clients, Joy works closely with companies or other consultants to “demystify” the media by taking the mystery and mayhem out of media relations.
Customized Workshops: Delivered as an introductory course, refresher or advanced level media training, these customized full-day or half-day workshops are designed to show that a consistent message and professional approach is essential in building strong relations with the media.
Joy will teach you and your team how to:
Be prepared BEFORE the media call with key messages and a media strategy
Build strong relationships with key editors, news directors and reporters
Manage both the message and the interview
Incorporate social media into your media relations
Learn “bridging techniques” to keep interviews on track
Manage a crisis with a well-planned media strategy
Pitch your story to the “right” media – story placement (timing and location)
Practice with on-camera individual interviews (optional)
Prepare your spokesperson BEFORE the interview
Review key issues and discuss possible ways to address them with the media